Time & Location
26 Aug 2023, 16:00 – 01 Sept 2023, 16:00
Provincia di Perugia, Vocabolo I Fossi, 20, 06059 Todi PG, Italy
About the Retreat
In this yoga retreat, we withdraw into nature and away from the noise of the world to develop the senses and wisdom to listen to our inner voices. In this journey, Timothy and Caroline will guide you in a week of yoga practices, coaching, interactive discussions, and singing around evening fires to connect with what is alive in you. We also enjoy the best of Italy - warm weather and nourishing food. Allowing the summer sunshine to ignite your inner fire! Also suitable for couples.
This retreat is for you if you are:
- seeking a change in life or are in the middle of a big transition.
- feeling stuck and stagnated, and looking for inspiration, for your fire.
- considering leaving your job.
- seeking a refuge in nature to reflect on your pattern of living.
Mornings begin with an activating yoga practice accessible to all body types and levels of yoga. The practice is based on Hatha Yoga, Pranayama (breathing techniques), and meditation. Evening yoga practices are designed to restore and renew the body through yin yoga (restoration postures) and yoga Nidra (yogic sleep, designed to support intuition and lucid dreaming).
Late morning workshops are interactive, and focus mainly on Non Violent Communication (NVC), a philosophy with practical techniques to create clarity in your relationships with all people in your life, and with defining your goals, desires and inner needs.
By the end of this retreat, you will be able to:
- Take concrete actions towards living the life you would like to have.
- Identify your feelings and needs, and differentiate between your needs and your wants.
- Develop your own personal, regular practice towards: 1) building willpower to pursue what you need rather than what you want, 2) building intuition to know which direction serves your life, when to act, and when to rest, 3) releasing past traumas from the body and mind, and 4) creating clarity about your needs with the people in your life.
The setting is Tara Nature Retreat - an Italian villa, immersed in an oak forest, with all the comforts of home and the peace of nature. It is filled with pleasant shade, swinging hammocks, a large swimming pool, and a short walk to a cool river. The local, organic food will be served to cleanse the body and support healthy eating habits. The centre is far from any noise sources, yet less than 2 hours from Rome and easily accessible by car, train, or plane.
07:30 Morning Yoga
09:00 Nourishing Breakfast
10:30 Workshop or Excursion
13:00 Delicious Lunch
14:00 Free Time for siesta, relax by the pool, reflect in the garden or book a massage
17:30 Evening Yin Yoga
19:00 Wholesome Dinner
20:00 Some days there may be an evening activity such as Yoga Nidra, a Fire Ritual or Games Night.*
Included in your stay
* 6 nights accommodation
* 6 active, outdoor morning yoga practices and morning meditations
* 5 evening, relaxation yoga practices
* Inspiring workshops on igniting purpose and non violent communication
* Nourishing breakfast, lunch & dinner
* Singing circle
* Excursions: visit Todi & hike to river
* Free Wifi (though we recommend to take a break from it...)
* Tea, water and fresh fruit available all day
All-inclusive price starting from:
*Payment in multiple instalments possible
Shared Room - 1'100 EUR
Private Room - 1'500 EUR
About the Teachers:
Timothy's journey to personal transformation began with a wander through India in 2003. This was the pivot point for years of training in the yogic, shamanic, and buddhist traditions. He has completed over 500hr Hatha Yoga and Yoga Nidra certified trainings, and is a passionate educator in both yoga and in the natural sciences at the university of his PhD. Timothy integrates psychology, non violent communication, and buddhist philosophy into his guidance, coupled with his intuition and sense of personal truth. His guidance and writings aim for improved understanding of our inner experiences, our habitual interactions all around us, and with building the grit and volition necessary to bring about personal transformation within this lifetime. Timothy loves ecstatic dance, chess, good food, philosophical conversations and his heart warms when guiding singing circles around a campfire.
Travelling the world, Caroline discovered yoga at 19 and continued with a dedicated personal practice that gave her a sense of stability in all her movements. Recognising the powerful transformation that happens during a retreat, she has spent the past five years hosting her own yoga retreats and immersions in Italy and Bali. As a certified 500hr Elemental Yoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist, passionate foodie and holistic health coach she has found her soul work in creating healing retreats, offering one-on-one coaching sessions and writing. She has written two books: This is for You and Nature's Calling. With a new cookbook on the way! Growing up in East Africa, Caroline was raised with a deep respect for Mother Nature and has deepened this connection through her travels, way of life and, now, the manifestation of Tara Nature Retreat. Her favourite colour is green, she loves mangoes and singing Disney songs.